Happy New Year! I truly cannot believe that another year has come and gone. I swear that the older I get, the faster time flies by. Somebody please tell me that I’m not the only one who feels this way. 2016 was definitely a roller coaster of a year. It had its crazy amazing ups and it definitely had its unfortunate downs, c’est la vie though, right? I am so ready to take 2017 head on and own this year. Now, I’ve never really been one to make definite New Year’s Resolutions, and I really did not think that I would have any this year, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there is actually quite a lot that I would love to accomplish this year. And for the sake of being a firm believer that New Year’s Resolutions tend to always get broken by January 2nd, let’s just call them “2017 Goals”. Listed below are a few things that I’ve put on my 2017 goal list!
- Get (more) organized!!– I’d like to think that I am actually already a fairly organized gal, but like with most things in life, there is always room for improvement. This year, I want to get better about utilizing my personal agenda and also the calendar on my iPhone so that I don’t have any date misunderstandings or just general forgetfulness. I am incredibly meticulous about using my planner and outlook calendar at work, so I really need to translate that over into my personal life.
- Yoga– When I was in college, I tried to take a yoga course every semester I could. It was such an awesome, relaxing break in my day and I just felt so much better and healthier when I was doing yoga three times a week. I have everything I need to do yoga at home and I already know that I LOVE Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube, so really there is no excuse not to start practicing again.
- Less screen time– I will be the first to admit, I rely entirely too much on my phone. I am constantly scrolling, typing or snapping something on it because I just… actually I have no clue why I do it, I just do. This year I am going to do my best to learn how to just “be” and not use my phone as a crutch or a solution to boredom.
- Replace TV with books– I actually got a jumpstart on this goal at the end of 2016, but I want to work on maintaining it. I’m not saying that I am going to cut TV out completely, but I want to limit my netflix binging to shorter amount of time and continue to pick up books instead.
- Diversify my reading tastes– On the topic of books, I really would love to get myself into reading more genres. I tend to veer towards YA contemporary and thrillers, which I will definitely still continue to read, but I also want to read more nonfiction, historical fiction and fantasy this year.
These were just a few of my goals, all of them I believe to be pretty realistic! I cannot wait to see what exciting things that 2017 brings. Cheers to a happy new year!